Who We Are
Trento University’s Master in Communication of Science and Innovation (Scicomm) is a one year programme designed by Department of Sociology and Social Research which offers a deep understanding of the theory and strategy behind impactful science communication.
Graduates of Master Scicomm programme will be prepared for leadership positions in research centers, non-profits, government organizations, and any other sector that values effective science communication skills.
Our courses are taught by a faculty of scholars and professionals with real-world experience who hone students’ skills to effectively meet the challenges of modern business.
Who is this course for?
This course it’s a one-year programme for students who would like to:
- Develop skills to play a key role in communication and public engagement strategies in research organisations, in innovation-oriented work environments, in the area of science culture and research policy
- Be at the forefront of the newest trends and approaches in the communication of science and innovation
- Understand key models and concepts in the field of science communication
- Develop a critical understanding of the potential and limits of contemporary media in shaping the public discourse about science
- Develop skills to critically evaluate the quality of communication strategies, both in relation to organisational aims and audiences’ expectations
- Be able to connect the everyday practice of science and innovation communication with state of the art research about science and technology in society.
Who can apply?
To apply for SCICOMM Master you should have a bachelor’s or higher degree awarded in Italy, or equivalent degree from a recognized University. You can apply even if you are un undergraduate student on the condition that you earn your bachelor’s degree before the course start date.
All students commencing the programme are expected to demonstrate competence in the english language.
We accept application from Italian citizens, citizens of non-EU countries living abroad, citizens of the EU and non-EU citizens living in Italy.