1 | The communicator
Personal and professional branding practice
Understanding and articulating your value proposition
- Why you should invest in your online presence
- How to tailor your credentials, expertise, and what’s visible to network connections and prospective employees.
- How to rework your resume and make it connect to the job description
- How reviews, comments, social media profiles, photos, and posts, shape search results and impact decisions and reputation.
- How to design or consolidate your online identity and bring coherence to a fractured digital footprint.
- How to build and optimize a network that can lead to jobs or other work-related opportunities.
- How to optimize your LinkedIn profile for better visibility.
Suggested reading and resources
research papers, up-to-date reviews, reports, web resources
2 | The Information
A small exploration of the Googlization of memory lecture
Information seeking across Internet and traditional communication channels
- What the internet can tell us about the society
- the scope of google algorithms update effects, and how they can affect your website
- Information seeking across Internet and traditional communication channels and how to navigate information and misinformation
- How Google is changing the “publish or perish” mantra into “be visible or vanish”
3 | The Media
Social media technologies lecture
- How digital communication technologies have changed the game and which are the digital technologies driving the future of social media
- How technology and Social Media are changing the Publishing Industry and how are digital information produced and consumed.
- Social media platforms overview. How to select the appropriate digital and social media tools to achieve one’s goal.
- Blog: Risk and benefits of science blogging (and why it still matters). Indie, collaborative and guest blogging, and blog networks
- Twitter: The scholarly Twittersphere. How and with whom scientist communicate on social media
- Instagram: Ways to use the Instagram medium to promote science and science education
4 | The Public
Social networks practice
Audience segmentation and analysis
- The different audiences of science communication
- how to understand who your audience is and what kind of content you should be producing,
- How to develop a target persona
- How to use Reddit, Quora and Forums to create useful reader personas
5 | The message
Creating, managing and curating content practice
- How to create content that actually resonates with your readers
- How to optimize your content for SEO pourposes
- How to optimize your content for mobile users
- How to write research-based blog-posts
- Experimenting with different headlines and finding strong keywords that are practical and entertaining